Its my choice!

Social Service through bollywood movie reviews.

Friday, October 27, 2006

DON


8.5/10

Slick, stylish, great location, good action and the original Don punch lines make Don a really cool movie to watch. I wasn’t expecting it to be this good, a great effort by Farhan Aktar, even SRK manages to impress, but just about. At places you do feel he is out of sorts especially when he is playing the Benaras Bhaiyya. The movie is an adaptation of Don, something I didn’t knew so don’t want to spoil it for you so will leave the discussion on any new twists right here. If you haven’t seen the trailer its right here “I am the K..K….King". Frankly SRK is becoming more and more unbearable; so far I have resisted seeing KANK. I had thought Bacchan Jr. would have been a better choice for Don, but SRK managed to hang in there. Priyanka Chopra looks good and shows a few martial arts tricks as does SRK. Arjun Rampal has done well but I wasn’t convinced with Boman Irani doing the Inspector’s (!) role the guy appears almost always to be just about to deliver something funny and IMHO I could see how difficult it was for him to keep a straight face. After the interval the movie looses a bit of pace and in a few places you do miss Amitabh but on the whole it’s a great package. See it on the big screen for max effect. To close it off and to answer your question I would say this movie is as good as the old one, but can’t say the same for SRK.
Verdict: watch it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - the whole package is high on entertainment value. SRK is unlikely to get a Filmfare award for his performance but perhaps not worthy of being written off. Boman continues to impress.

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home