Its my choice!

Social Service through bollywood movie reviews.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Munna Bhai Lage Raho


Rating: 9/10

I was thinking of giving this movie 8/10, but when you look back at the movie, there are no obvious flaws, in fact it does warrant a second viewing just like sixth sense to check if the director left any gotchas. But with Vidhu Vinod Chopra at the helm you can expect a good film. Here Gandhi’s principles are put to litmus test to see if it is still valid for today’s world. A boring exercise it might sound, but when you put Circuit and Munnabhai into the fray it assumes a totally different and hilarious dimension. I think the ‘Munna Bhai Lage Raho’ team has struck gold here. The movie is not a continuation of the first part, more in the Laurel Hardy league, where the main characters are same but a different story each time. I think this is cool, it leaves you wanting to see the duo more. I don’t have enough words to describe how good Arshad Warsi as Circuit is, he compliments Munnabhai’s character so well that without him you can’t image this or the earlier prequel. The songs are average and forgettable, probably the only downside of the movie. Vidya Balan in her second movie feels very much at home. The movie will bring to your mind a recent English movie, but that might give away the fun, but if you have to guess, one of the words in this sentence is part of the name of the movie ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Somu said...

Giris, this film is directed By Raju Hirani; Vidhu Vinod Chopra is the producer.

Read today that Vinod Chopra is sending this film to the Oscars as an independent entry, with RDB being the official entry from India.

As an aside, saw the full trailer for Don - check my blog.

8:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girish, I am surprised to see that you have rated Krish above Munna Bhai Lage Raho.

5:21 am  
Blogger girish said...

Shilpi, as I said Krissh had some great action which really blinded me....Munnabhai definitely scores over it....agreed Munnabhai definitely is the best so far and in true terms deserves a tenner, but for me the idea was not exactly orginal and hence I thought its 9/10...Sorry the Krissh thing has diluted my rating system a bit, need to control my emotions a bit more next time.

6:51 am  
Blogger girish said...

How do you catch all these lyrics!!! Too good

12:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home